Sonntag, 31. Januar 2016
Sonntag, 24. Januar 2016
Samstag, 23. Januar 2016
Sonntag, 17. Januar 2016
Freitag, 15. Januar 2016
Very early pressings of Throbbing Gristle's "Second Annual Report" (1977) came with an official questionnaire by Industrial Records, consisting of 39 (un-)related TG questions.
1. How did you first hear about T. G.? from a lot of demented friends and sex workers and cops
2. Did you buy "Second Annual Report" L.P.? yes
3. If so did you buy it from a record shop? If "Yes", which one? Baybrook Mall Sound Warehouse in Houston
4. Did you buy the L.P. from I.R mail order? no
5. What equipment do you use to play records? B.I.C. turntable thru Sansui 417 amplifier
6. Is the equipment yours or do you share? If you share it, with whom do you share? mine
7. How much approximately do you spend on records each year? $1000
8. What were the last 5 records you bought (apart from TG)? Eno, Tatsuya Nakatani, Xiu Xiu, Timber Timbre,
9. Would you say you were happy with the kind of music/sound currently commercially available? somewhat
10. If NOT, state why not and what you'd like. more instrumental adventurous
11. Have you seen TG live? no. I don't get out much.
12. If "Yes", where? How many times? 11
13. Do you regularly go to the cinema? yes
14. What was the last film you saw? The first Star Wars when it came out.
15. Do you regularly buy any newspapers/magazines? yes
16. If "Yes", which ones? Soldier of Fortune, Better Homes & Gardens & Gourmet
17. Do you regularly listen to any particular radio show? KOOP Stronger Than Dirt
18. If "Yes", which ones? KUT Eclecticos
19. What was the last book you read? The Road less Traveled M. Scott Peck
20. How long ago was it? 1 month
21. What is your occupation? (if student, please state place of education) musician
22. What kind of school did you go to? Mixed or single sex? Comprehensive/Grammar/Public? Public
23. Do you practice any religion? If so, what? No
24. Do you live with your parents? No
25. If you play the TG album or single, what time(s) of day and under what conditions do you play each? (e.g. night whilst drinking coffee, etc. people shouldn't drink coffee at night unless they work graveyards.
26. Do you have any special skill? making neurotic people feel calm.
27. Do you have a regular girlfriend/boyfriend? both
28. Do you have any pets? 10 cats & 2 dogs not kidding
29. Have you ever been out of the U.K.? If "Yes", which countries have you visited, how often? yes. All
30. Do you have any definite political stance? If "Yes", what is it? socialist
31. What type of food do you eat most often? plants
32. Do you use alcohol? What types? rarely
33. Do you use tobacco? never
34. Are you engaged in any form of musical activity yourself? If so, what? I dabble
35. Are you engaged in any athletic/physical activity? If so, what? all
36. If you were writing this questionaire, what other questions would you ask people? If you have a lot of suggestions add another sheet to this with them on it.
37. What is your greatest ambition? To become like animals and wind
38. Do you have a very special obsession/fetish? all
39. If "Yes", what is it? yes all.
Please complete this questionaire and return it to Rock City Wankers
Sonntag, 10. Januar 2016
Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2016
As I re-read my rather sparing comments on the emotions evoked by Miss Holiday in these short stories that the songs relate, I have the feeling that I have overstayed my welcome in these notes and that quite possibly the best liner notes ever written about Miss Holiday singing songs would be simply to say to the listener "this is a fact: Miss Holiday has happened to some songs" and to the discriminating listener that ought to suffice.
Songs for Distingué Lovers,Billie Holiday